Spring was in the air as the Ottawa community gathered at Rideau and Waller this afternoon to witness the memorial unveiling for Yvonne Hendrikx – killed by a double-trailer truck at this intersection in February. Trucks roared around the gathering and Councillor Diane Holmes who worked with WalkOttawa to organise the commemorative “Walker” at times struggled to be heard. It is good to see a marker indicating the significance of this incident. Hopefully it will remind City Hall of the urgency required to ensure this tragedy is not again repeated.
Advertise with SandyHillSeen.comTo advertise your business or service email firstname.lastname@example.org Shop local, live local, advertise local Super competitive pricing + we tweet your ad!
- Little Boxes at Arts Court Theatre for #Undercurrents
- How To Disappear Completely: Illuminating Death & Life
- 2018 Sandy Hill Winter Carnival – This Sunday
- Grounded: Review – A flight over new territory & a war too close to home
- Mr. Shi and His Lover @NAC: Theatre Review – Exquisite Staging and Splendid Performances in improbable real-life Affair
SandyHillSeen TwitterMy Tweets